The Memorial Hospital Development
INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE, CARING FOR OUR PATIENTS
The Memorial Hospital has commenced a $34 million upgrade. The developments include:
- Expansion of an existing operating theatre (completed on 5 February 2018)
- New additional operating theatre
- New Paediatric Day Stay Unit
- Refurbishment of patient accommodation and wards
- Refurbishment of reception
- New staff amenities
- Significant infrastructure and support services upgrades
This project will allow us to provide an improved platform for our Doctors, staff and volunteers and will enhance the entire patient experience.
The Memorial Hospital has an extensive history of providing exceptional paediatric care to the children of South Australia. The new Paediatric Day Stay Unit will enable The Memorial Hospital to continue to provide optimal care in a purpose built environment, ensuring that young patients will love their hospital stay.
In addition to the expansion of clinical services and improvement of patient facilities, the project also includes significant infrastructure upgrades that will assist the ongoing energy security of The Memorial Hospital.
The development has been planned to ensure that The Memorial Hospital will continue to operate as normal during this time. Works are progressing to plan and will take approximately 18 months to complete.