we care for kids and would love to care for yours
The Memorial Hospital has a dedicated paediatric ward, staffed with trained and experienced paediatric nursing staff. Our accommodation is a mix of single, shared and open bay rooms. Bed allocation is based on your child's clinical needs, it is often the Doctor's preference for paediatric patients to be nursed in an open bay for close observation. It is expected that one parent / carer will stay overnight with your child. Suitable facilities are provided.
Our Paediatric Specialties include:
- Allergy / Immunology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery)
- Paediatric Sleep
- Paediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
At The Memorial Hospital, we make every effort to help our young patients feel at ease.
We offer a range of amenities and services to support their stay:
- Kid's menu
- Activities pack on arrival
- Wi-Fi access, TV and DVDs
- Kitchen facilities
A parent / carer is required to accompany their child whilst they are an inpatient on the ward. Parents / carers are asked to escort their child to the operating theatre.
Coming to hospital can be a stressful time for both children and their families and it can be helpful and reassuring to know what to expect. For further information on Memorial KIDS, please contact us on 08 8366 3861.
- You are solely responsible for any visiting children brought into the ward and we ask that they be kept under strict supervision
- Vistors should be limited to direct family to allow a chance for your child to recover
- If you are required to leave your child unattended or are changing over the carer for your child, please let the nursing staff know
- If your child has special needs and may require extra support or services during their hospital admission, please contact our Clinical Manager on 08 8366 3861 and we can discuss your requirements
- Discharge time is 10.00am
- If you have any court / custodial or guardianship orders in place which may be relevant to your child’s stay please ensure you bring a copy of these documents on admission
- We take the safety and security of paediatric patients very seriously. Please do not be offended if a member of staff asks you to identify yourself
- Please ensure visitors are kept to a minimum, with only one parent / carer staying overnight
Memorial KIDS - Preparing your child for hospital guide