We offer a wide range of medical services and our dynamic healthcare team is dedicated to meeting the needs of our patients with a focus on best practice and positive patient outcomes.
Our multidisciplinary team includes Specialists, Nurses, Allied Health and Medical Officers rostered on-site 24/7. Our dedicated Discharge Planners can assist you to arrange, refer or recommence any services you may require on discharge.
The Memorial Hospital is proud to offer both inpatient and day Rehabilitation programs. With an individually tailored rehabilitation team and program to meet your specific needs, a hydrotherapy pool, fully equipped gyms and dedicated inpatient rehabilitation beds we are well placed to assist you to become as independent as possible.
We offer on-site rehabilitation specialising in orthopaedic, neurological, neurosurgical, reconditioning / restorative and cardiac rehabilitation.
We are committed to providing the best possible outcome for you and offer individually tailored programs. We aim to promote independence and your involvement and the involvement of your family and carers is crucial to progress.
Our rehabilitation team consists of:
- Occupational Therapists
- Pharmacist (Inpatient only)
- Rehabilitation Specialists
- Specialist Nursing Staff (Inpatient only)
- Therapy Assistants
If required your team may also include:
- Discharge Planner
- Psychologist (Neurological / Clinical)
- Speech Pathologists
- Social Workers
We offer a supervised, structured comprehensive Rehabilitation Program tailored to patients' individual needs. Our programs focus on:
- Improving vigour / vitality
- Improving physical performance
- Reducing fatigue levels
- Reducing fear and anxiety
Day Rehabilitation Services offered include:
- Education regarding energy conservation and joint protection and falls prevention
- Group based exercise
- Modern gym and exercise equipment
We offer a combination of individual and group therapy sessions:
- Breakfast club
- Education sessions
- Energy conservation
- Exercise program
- Falls prevention strategies
- Posture and relaxation
- Socialisation therapy
Patients are encouraged to wear day clothes (as part of normal everyday activity), to facilitate safety, independence, comfort and participation in therapy sessions.
In addition to personal toiletries, you should have the following clothes:
- Any support aids ie, walking aids, hearing aids, glasses, pick up sticks
- Comfortable clothing such as tracksuit or shorts and t-shirt
- Comfortable well fitting shoes / runners
- Pyjamas and dressing gown
- Slippers (enclosed / flat)
How to access Rehabilitation
Day rehabilitation services can be accessed via Private / Public Hospitals, Specialist or GP referral.
For further information contact:
- Day Rehabilitation
08 8366 3419
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
08 8366 3885