Ensuring the safety of our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority.
Please ensure you are aware of the following visitor guidelines.
- Each patient may nominate 2 visitors for their admission
- Only 1 visitor at a time
- No children under the age of 16
- Maintain social distancing during your visit
- Do not attend the hospital if you are unwell
- Use hand sanitiser on arrival and departure
- Complete screening questionnaire on arrival
For others wishing to visit, we encourage you to call your loved one instead to keep in touch.
Thank you for your support in helping to keep our hospitals as safe as possible.
Families and friends sometimes bring food for patients. There can be a risk of food poisoning when food is not properly prepared, transported or stored. Additionally some patients may be on modified textured foods or thickened fluids. If you are unsure about what food is safe or wish to bring in any food, please speak to the nursing staff.
Hudsons™ Coffee is located adjacent reception at the main entrance.
Light meals, cakes and snacks are served torgether with a variety of hot and cold beverages. A range of cards, flowers, magazines and newspapers are also available.
Please note opening times may vary.
Hudsons™ Coffee is a registered trademark of Emirates Leisure Retail
Street parking surrounding the hospital is available at council rates.
Casual car parking is available at commercial rates in the Kermode Street Car Park.
Traffic restrictions during events at Adelaide Oval
Please be advised that due to the close proximity to Adelaide Oval, there are temporary road closures and parking restrictions around The Memorial Hospital on event / AFL match days / nights. Road closures will be in place during these days / nights to manage traffic flow around the venue. The Memorial Hospital is accessible during these times but please be aware there may be parking shortages and traffic congestion around the hospital. Maps showing the temporary road closures and parking plans for events held at Adelaide Oval are available here or visit the Adelaide City Council website.
Please send mail and flowers to:
(Patient's full name)
The Memorial Hospital
Sir Edwin Smith Avenue
North Adelaide SA 5006
Please note flowers are not permitted in the Critical Care Unit.
The Memorial Hospital is committed to providing a safe, healthy environment for patients, staff and visitors.
In the interest of promoting good health The Memorial Hospital is a non-smoking facility and we ask visitors to comply with this policy.
If you would like further assistance in how to stop smoking contact your General Practitioner, or call Quitline® on 13 78 48.
®Quitline is a registered trademark of The Cancer Council Victoria.
Patient Finder is a quick and easy way to provide family and friends with information about a patients location during their hospital stay. It is designed mainly to assist friends and relatives of patients undergoing surgery.
How is Patient Finder accessed?
There are two ways for visitors to access Patient Finder:
- In most cases prior to the hospital admission an SMS is sent to the registered mobile number with a unique link to the Patient finder app. The patient simply forwards this SMS to all desired family and friends. When the link in the SMS is clicked the Patient Finder app will open on any device and display all key location details
- The hospital reception team will supply each patient with a Patient finder card that includes their admission number as well as a web address and QR Code® that can be used to gain access to the app. The patient can give this card or pass on the admission number and web address to all family and friends to track the patient throughout their hospital stay
Further information can be found via Patient Finder.QR Code® is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated
The safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our current visitor restrictions are:
- Up to 2 nominated visitors per patient
- Only one visitor at a time
- Visits should be limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day per patient
- Visitors must adhere to social distancing rules of 1.5 metres
- No children (aged 16 years or under)
- Visitors must not be unwell
- Visitors must not be awaiting results from COVID-19 testing
- Visitors must not be in quarantine
- Visitors must attend compulsory screening upon entry to the hospital
For more information please contact 8366 3800 to speak with a member of our team.
For others wishing to visit, we encourage you to call your loved one to keep in touch.
Thank you for your support in helping to keep our hospital as safe as possible.
11.00am to 8.00pm
Critical Care Unit
11.00am to 1.00pm
3.00pm to 8.00pm