The Memorial Hospital’s Centenary
Opened in 1920, The Memorial Hospital was founded to honour and to serve those who enlisted in the Great War, to provide care for those returning and their families, and also to train young women to become certified nurses.
To commemorate this opening we have commissioned eminent South Australian sculptor, Mr Tim Thomson to cast a life sized bronze sculpture of a nurse in uniform of the period, seated with a Digger’s hat on her lap, her welcoming hand outstretched. We are proud to report that Mrs Le, the wife of the Governor of South Australia, has become our Ambassador. Her support for our project is gratefully received and appreciated.
Whilst our planned Centenary Celebration may be delayed, our commitment to acknowledging The Memorial Hospital’s 100 years of service is unwavering. Further information will be provided when we are able to safely conduct this event.
The Memorial Hospital 100 Years